Afghan Hound Dog Clippers Set - Mains
This set has been designed to give you the necessary equipment to clip your dog at home. It includes the popular Masterclip Pedigree Pro dog clippers along with 3 premium toughened steel blades that are best suited for the Afghan.
Afghan Hound Dog Clippers Set
- Pedigree Pro mains powered twin speed A5 dog clippers
- Lightweight, only 375g
- Includes 3 top quality premium toughened steel blades
- 10F = 1.6mm blade for face, feet and back end for sanitation purposes
- 4 skip tooth = 9mm thinning blade
- 7F = 3mm body blade
- Carbon coated front cutter that stays sharp for longer
- 25% more cutting edge
- Gives professional finish
- Free sample of clipper oil
- Comes with a sturdy carry case
- Ideal for home grooming
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY
- FREE next working day delivery (on orders received by 1pm)
The Andis blade coolant and disinfectant spray is an excellent way of keeping your blades cool whilst clipping. Not only is it a blade coolant, it is also a lubricant, disinfectant, blade cleaner and rust preventative which all help to reduce friction when clipping.
Before clipping, always make sure that your dog is washed and thoroughly dried. All tangles and matted areas must be brushed through to allow the clippers to glide through the hair.
Teeth on the skip tooth blades are set further apart to help feed the hair into the cutter, so great care must be taken when using these blades. Ensure that the blade is always held flat and runs with the contour of the coat and never at an angle whilst clipping.
Breeds with long, drop coats are quite susceptible to mats and tangles. They generally require regular hair clipping because they do not shed, so their long hair grows continuously. Afghans have a soft, downy puppy coat that they will lose as their adult coat grows in. During this time, they will need careful trimming and stripping to avoid mats.
The coat must be wet when it is brushed, as brushing a dry coat will damage and break the silky hair. Use a slicker brush to keep mats and tangles away and with clippers trim away the excess fur around the tail, paws, sanitary areas if needed, going with the fall of the fur.
Clipper Blade Information: Full Tooth vs Skip Tooth Blades
Skip Tooth Blades are used for rough cutting
- Wider teeth to help feed a thick coat into the clipper blade
- Excellent for coat thinning or blending, leaves a natural look
- Suitable for all terriers and dogs with wiry or unruly coats
F Blades are for coat finishing
- Full row of even teeth
- Ideal for a sharp show finish
- Good to use after skip tooth blade
- Mains powered dog clippers
- Twin speed
- Rotary motor
- Motor size: Equivalent 80w
- Fast cutting speed: 4600spm & 5800spm
- Blade width: 5 cm
- Voltage: 240v
- Frequency: 50Hz
- Length: 20 cm
- Width: 5 cm
- Weight of clipper: 375g
- Takes A5 blades
- Compatible with Wahl, Andis & Oster
- A5 dog clippers
- Decibel rating: 60dB
- Cable length: 2.5 metres